PCOD/PCOS is a common hormonal disorder in which woman’s hormones are out of balance in her body causing enlarged ovaries with small cysts on the outer edges.
In India, PCOD affects one in 10 women, making it the most common endocrine disorder at their reproductive age.
People may experience:
- Menstrual: abnormal menstruation, absence of menstruation, heavy menstruation, infrequent menstruation, irregular menstruation, short and light menstruation, or spotting
- Skin: acne, oily skin, or skin tag
- Weight: obesity, overweight, or weight gain
- Also common: depression, inappropriate male features, infertility, loss of scalp hair, pot belly, type 2 diabetes, or unwanted hair.
Surprisingly, many people rely on daily medicines to control this disorder. But very few are aware of natural home remedies existing in and around you.
Here are a few to keep you in good health:
1. Cinnamon Powder (दालचीनी, దాల్చిన చెక్క, இலவங்கப்பட்டை)
Cinnamon helps in stabilising blood sugar levels and reduce insulin resistance.
- You can add a teaspoon of cinnamon in your daily tea
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on your daily foods for better results at your convenience on buttermilk, oatmeal, yoghurt, cereals etc…
- You need not take more than 2 teaspoons per day
2. Flax Seeds (अलसी, అవిసె గింజలు, ஆளி விதைகள்)
Flax seeds help in lowering the cholesterol levels and androgen levels.
- You can add flax seeds to your soup or salad
- Mix one spoon of grounded flax seed powder in a glass of water and drink it daily morning for better results
3.Fenugreek ( मेंथी, మెంతులు, வெந்தயம்)
Fenugreek seeds help to control glucose metabolism, improve insulin and maintain the balance of hormones in your body.
- Powder the seeds and add them to your breakfast
- You can also mix the powder with juices or water daily
4. Have at least 3lts of water daily
Water helps in flushing out all the harmful organisms and free radicals that could potentially cause hormonal imbalance in your body.
Include fresh fruits rich in water content and leafy vegetables in your daily diet to ease off symptoms of PCOD.
5. Daily exercise is a must
Exercise is one of the most effective ways to improve the symptoms of PCOD. Primary aim of exercise is just not to lose weight but to improve your
You can opt for jogging, skipping, swimming, running, weight training and walking. Walking is considered one of the best form of exercise for a woman.
Household work like cooking, cleaning, gardening, dusting, etc.. also help to combat PCOD.
Good Health, Together.