With a fast paced life that everyone indulges in right now, the emphasis given to skin health is decreasing day by day. Here are a few foods for having a healthy glowing skin:
1. Green tea: Polyphenols found in green tea are some of the most powerful antioxidants out there. To up your polyphenol intake, try switching out your morning cup of coffee for green tea. Or pour green tea over ice for a healthy alternative to soda or juice.
2. Honey: The antioxidants in honey are exceptionally good at binding to free radicals and reducing them. This is very important since free radicals that come from the sun destroy collagen and elastin, which keep skin smooth and supple. To reap the benefits, stir it into a cup of green tea, or drizzle it onto plain yogurt.
3. Cucumbers: Cucumbers contain 96 percent water, one of the highest of any vegetable. This means they’re great at keeping you hydrated for most of your day. Simply add a few slices to salads, sandwiches, and wraps for a hydrating boost.
4. Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes are a great source of beta carotene, which our bodies convert to vitamin A — a powerful antioxidant that fights free radical damage and is anti-inflammatory.
5. Berries: Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries are loaded with antioxidants, polyphenols, and flavanoids, which help neutralize free radicals from your body, helping to slow down the ageing process.
6. Tomatoes: Tomatoes are packed with lycopene, which works like an internal protector to help shield your skin against sunburn and the ageing effects that come with sun exposure.
Get yourself tested for a full body checkup and see your health status using MedLabz’ new ‘Visual Interactive Reports‘. You can now book an accurate Full Body Checkup at the comfort of your home from MedLabz.com or call on +91 7879-800-800 to get more information on the checkup at your location.