STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) means they are most often — but not exclusively — spread by sexual intercourse. STD Testing (or STD Profile) is set of tests which is done to check for various types of STDs. STDs are serious illnesses that require treatment. These diseases, if not found at the right stages, can be fatal.
You are at high risk if:
- You have more than one sex partner
- You have sex with someone who has had many partners
- You don’t use a condom when having sex
- You share needles when injecting intravenous drugs
- You trade sex for money or drugs
Which common STDs should we check for?
Following is the list of common STDs and their respective tests:
- HIV/AIDS (Human Immunodeficiency Syndrome) – HIV Test
- Syphilis – VDRL Test fof Syphilis
- Hepatitis B – HbsAg Test for Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C – HCV Test for Hepatitis C
There are other sexually transmitted diseases like trichomoniasis, HPV, bacterial vaginosis, scabies, PID, MPC, LGC etc.
you can now book an accurate and confidential HIV Test and other tests at the comfort of your home from MedLabz.com or call on +91 7879-800-800 to get more information on test availability at your location.