Fungal infections commonly involve webs of the toes and fingers, nails, armpits and genital area. They cause excessive itching, redness and swelling in the affected areas. The chances of fungal infections increase during the summer season, owing to hot and humid weather conditions and excessive sweating.
Here are a few ways to help you deal with fungal infections:
Maintain Adequate Hygiene:
- Fungus thrives rapidly in moist environments. Make sure you keep your body clean and dry at all times.
- Wear light, loose and cotton clothes to help reduce sweat and avoid wearing synthetic fabrics.
- Add 5-10 ml of antiseptic liquids in your bathing water.
- Ensure you dry the skin well after a bath.
- Use antifungal talcum powder between your toes to keep them dry.
- Do not use scented products on the infected area as they can cause irritation.
- Natural oils have been used for ages to treat infections.
- Coconut oil has strong antibacterial and anti-fungal properties and easily available.
- Tea tree oil which has strong anti-fungal properties.
- Stay away from high sugar and processed foods. This is because sugar tends to feed bacteria and fungus.
- Garlic is anti-fungal in nature and can be very effective in treating infections. Garlic can be consumed in the form of food (preferably raw).
- Cranberry juice is excellent for the treatment of fungal infections. Make sure you purchase the unsweetened variety and consume it daily.